Thursday, June 10, 2010

Simple Fun

The best kind of fun is almost always simple and free.

I knew this as a kid as I spent most of my childhood roaming through the woods behind our house and barn just enjoying the adventure of being out in the "wild". The only "toy" I usually had with me was my trusty machete to hack away at those pesky blackberry bushes.
It's amazing I made it to adulthood.

It is with these memories in my head that I make sure the boys roam outside every day, even through all this drenching rain that continues to continue....

or at least right after the drenching rain
Sticks


plus a large puddle



plus splashing and jumping

equals tons of Free Fun!


I love these lips:)

(free pinecones!)

2 comments:

klyn said...

Did you even have stitches once as a child? John did. I did. But, you, not that I recall and you were the one wandering around with the machete! So, when does Nik get his?

rebecca said...

Oh yes, I did. There was the slide incident, where dad thought there was dirt in my cut, but it was actually the bone. Also my knee, from falling on a grate in nursery at church. Not much more, though, surprisingly!