Thursday, November 11, 2010

Summer Recap: Beach Trip!

My life is now slowing down long enough to finally post some of the summer fun we had. That, and Tone' is sort of back in town. Sort of meaning; he still has to travel to Seattle area during the week, but at least it's only 2 or 3 days now instead of the whole week! That seems so much more doable than him being gone Sunday afternoon through late Friday night.
So here are the pictures from a week in August when the boys and I stayed near Depot Bay with my good friend Sheri. The blue sky is just about killing me right now amidst all this RAIN we are so fortunate to experience here in the beautiful Pacific NW. If I could move with all my family, friends and church to southern Utah, I WOULD! Sun, rock climbing....sun, rock climbing...okay, that's about all that I need apart from family, friends and my church family.

Moving on from the dream.....here is the beach:

Nikolas is athletic in every way....
except catching a ball.


He can throw pretty well though:)

Sheri enjoying the sun, sand and magazine reading.


This picture hardly looks like Lukas,
especially now as his hair is buzzed.
He's a cutie, I must say.

We stayed in a little cabin just a couple blocks from the beach.
The boys spent the evenings playing trains, reading books and jumping off the bunk bed.

They also rode their bikes in the evenings.
Nikolas was in rare form pushing his little brother around.

Auntie Shewi, as the boys call her:)

I love the little Lukey pouty face

I love the smiling Lukas even more!

Our little private beach.
Or so it seemed as we were always the only ones on it.


2 comments:

Sheri said...

That was a great week! Good food, good weather, GREAT friends! Let's go right now. Well, may not have such good weather right now. My memory is of lots of buns---naked buns! (Little ones!)

Anonymous said...

I love beach but I dont know how to swim too bad