Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Glimpse Of Summer

The boys and I drove North on Saturday for my sisters birthday. We met her and the family at Dash Point in the Puget Sound and spent 2 relaxing hours enjoying the sand, sun and sea. It was so nice to be outside with the sun shining down upon us, if only it would last.....
My little beach boy, Lukas, made himself at home. He loved every aspect of the sand and water. Squishing his fat little toes in it, digging in it and especially tasting it. MMmmmm....

Nikolas had some one on one lessons in skimboarding from Uncle Chad. It was a good thing Nik had his tough uncle there, as I did this for him twice and that was enough for me. It is quite a workout!
We had forgot to bring swim trunks and so he started chucking all his clothes off as soon as they got wet, it was only with alot of coaxing that he is wearing his underwear. He did, however, receive a comment from a passerby on his cool Thomas the Tank Engine unders. At what age do people stop thinking that is cute?

My nephew, Zachary, went from newbie skimboarder to pro in less than two hours!


Lukas and my niece, Alex, made sand castles. Or was it that Alex was trying to make sand castles and a couple little boys kept ruining them?..... that could have been it. Good thing they're cute:)

1 comment:

klyn said...

I was happy to have you here! Notice, no photo of the person they actually came to see. Harumph.

I think if someone doesn't mention the Thomas underwear, then you will know that he is indeed too old to wear it as swimwear alone. Until then, have at (although you do know that my motto has always been "if it dangles, it should be covered"). I have no worries that your kids will corrupt my kids with their anti-clothing-wearing quirk - mine are too entrenched in the clothes-wearing world at this age...