Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Life

TONE' IS HOME
Life can now get back to normal......however abnormal normal is.
This past weekend I went to the Women's Retreat with my church at Cannon Beach, and I had an absolutely wonderful time. I actually slept for more than two hours in a row at ONE TIME! In fact, I slept 7 hours in a row, both nights I was there, plus took two naps. How I needed that! Everything about the retreat was wonderful; the speaker, weather, scenery, food and especially the people I was with. I came back home refreshed and ready to have two little boys climb all over me again. Coming home was made even better since Tone' didn't have to immediately leave for the week and instead was able to make me dinner and help me get the boys to bed.
Sunday also happened to be Tone' and my 12th anniversary! We did exchange, "happy anniversaries" to each other, but that was about it. Pretty lame, I know. Maybe we'll do better next year....
So now we all have to get used to living together again, and after 7 months apart it's going to be a challenge. The boys have had a bit extra leeway with me in charge, like going to bed late, eating lots of chocolate and sleeping in mama's bed. Suddenly, things are a changin' for them, sorry guys:( I'm also used to not having a reason to be at home at dinner time, let alone having it ready! So things will be a bit different for me as well. I'll take the changes, however, in order to have my other half around.
You might not be seeing anymore posting at 3 AM now!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

So glad that your man is home... That must have been rough! Miss yall, glad we can follow each other's lives now, or blogs, rather :)