Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's National Train Day!

These are the "holidays" that suddenly become really exciting for a mom of little train enthusiasts. I hadn't even known that there was a "national train day", but there is, and we went to it. How could I not?!


I called up my Dad and asked him if he wanted to go with us and he said, "yes"! I shouldn't have been surprised, but I forget that he used to ride the "vintage" trains that we were allowed to tour. Does that make him "vintage" as well? I won't answer that question.....I want to keep my name in the will.

This here was an old engine....and that's about all the knowledge of that train that I have for you. My Dad, however, could tell you plenty of information about it. He was telling me all sorts of interesting details about the trains and what it was like to ride them. I was listening, really, I just don't have any memory left in my brain since I had children. At least I like to use that excuse....
Hey, it's a picture of me and the boys! That is rare. Thanks Dad!

You are never too old or young
for some train fun!

I know, it rhymed, I couldn't help myself.

No comments: