Friday, December 3, 2010

Two And A Half Months Till Baby!


I don't know how I haven't posted anything about me being pregnant yet, but somehow 6 1/2 months have gone by already. This is also only the second picture of me with child, which is in stark contrast to my other two. With each of them I took monthly pictures wearing the same outfit and standing in the same spot. Hmmmm, hope this doesn't foretell the attention this baby will be getting. Though, being a girl, I'm pretty sure she won't be neglected:)

Two of my friends and I planned a little girls getaway recently and left all our children with the husbands for two whole nights! It was marvelous. Uninterrupted meals, showers, conversations, SLEEP....to name a few. Well, actually, the sleep was interrupted for both my friend, Estie and I, as she is also pregnant and so we were taking turns getting up throughout the night as there just isn't enough room in our bodies to hold out all night. BUT, we weren't interrupted by any other children!

My friend, Rachael, joined us as well. We spent the weekend at my dads cabin in White Salmon, Washington. It's on a little lake, for now, as the dam is soon to be blown up within the next couple years. Then the cabin will be on a bog pit. Lovely. Thanks salmon lovers.

(notice how my belly covers most of Rachael?)



Rachael enjoyed taking the kayak out on the lake.

It is quite peaceful and glides smoothly through the water, unlike the rowboat that Estie and I were in. Peaceful and smooth would be the opposite words for that thing. Tone' actually built this kayak, which amazes me. If only he had made another one, but I really don't want to be a kayak widow for the 8 months it takes to build one.


Estie took a spin in it as well, and by the time we made it back to the dock it was dark.

We decided we're making this an annual or even a bi-annual event. Though next year there will be two tiny babies in tow. But since Estie and I are both having girls, it will still be a girls weekend!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Ummm, trying to think of something to say as I know you wait for my comments.

I can't believe it's only 2 1/2 months, it seems like you just told me! I am excited.

Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

How exciting I didn't know you were even pregnant again I guess it would help if I actually went to church more often, but congrats.

Nikki

klyn said...

It looked gorgeous up there! I really should spend a week up there this break!

So, I saw you right after and you didn't look quite so protruding - but maybe you look different with children attached to your outside, also!

I was photographed three different dates with the first pregnancy (one specific date happened to have a truckload of pictures)and two whole pictures with the second, so I think you are actually doing well! I am sure some of the Moab pics were at the correct angle!

Jamie said...

Wow, a girl? How fun! Now we will both have 2 older boys and 2 baby girls! Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Wow i think you having great time with your friends without any children there.My wife also enjoy the time when the children are not with her for few days.She planned the similar weekend with her friends and enjoyed every moment.I am very glad for that.Wish you have a healthy delivery with healthy child.God bless you.

Anonymous said...

yumm!!!! sugar cookies!! i luv them sooo darn much

Lourens Oberholzer said...

blessing with the baby.