Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Estella's First 4th of July!


Our little American girl. Really, she couldn't be any cuter. Of course, I think that every month, and then every month she gets cuter:)


My friend, Lorri, gave this darling little sailor dress to Estie for the 4th of July. It is from the Cracker Barrell! (My favorite restaurant, too bad the closest one is over 7 hours away!) Thank you Lorri!!!!!


We had dinner at our friends, Dave and Kate's house before going over to Happy Valley to watch the fireworks. I took a mango quinoa salad (delicious), a regular salad, watermelon, cherries and a bunch of condiments and such for the burgers and salad. Kate, however, did the hard part of the dinner and made burgers, rocket dogs, a superb potato chive salad, star sugar cookies and the most cool looking and yummy red velvet cake plus cupcakes. We were, to say the least, happily stuffed.


Isn't that the coolest looking cake?




Before dinner, seeing as it was in the 80's, we spent the afternoon at some friends house swimming in there pool. AAAhhhhhhh, it was so nice. Nikolas is getting braver about putting his face under water. Lukas is too, but only if he is attached at the hip to me. Not fun.


Estella went into to a pool for the very first time!


She hated it.


Isn't she darling in her little strawberry suit??!!! My good friend, Melinda, gave it to her.
The suit is cute. Estie is cute. The two combined are too much for words. I just can't handle all this cuteness, not to mention all the pink!





2 comments:

Sheri said...

I made myself a 4th of July dress in college. If I still had it we could wear them together--auntie and niece? That cake is aMAZing. Good job Kate. Can't wait to try the quinoa salad. Sounds yummy.

rebecca said...

Haha, reminds me of pictures of my mom and I when we wore matching jumpsuits. Gotta love the 70's!