Friday, July 1, 2011

TIMBERRRRRR!!!!

Okay, that was totally corny, but I had to do it.

Tone' and I went to a Portland Timbers soccer game a couple weeks ago compliments of my sister, Kellie. (Okay, Chad actually earned the money, but Kellie ordered us the tickets:) )
(((Oh wait, I ordered the tickets and Kellie sent me the check....))) Anyway, moving on...

We left the boys with Grandpa and Grandma Graham and took little Estie with us. We rode the MAX to the game which makes this her third train trip since she has been born. Pretty impressive for a five month old.

I just realized that Tone' was wearing a Blazers hat at a soccer game. Is that legal?

Estie did amazingly wonderful. She didn't make a peep the whole time, even though we were sitting directly above the Timbers band and everyone was chanting and yelling the ENTIRE TIME. At one point Tone' left to get me water and while he was gone these two very drunk guys looked up from a couple seats down, saw Estie and said, "Look at that baby! She's beautiful! I want to hold that baby!" To which I replied; "Uh, NO." They kept persisting and I kept saying no and then one of them wanted to know if I was Irish.
Drunk people are very random.
And, by the way, I am part Irish. And Scottish, Dutch, German, English and Native American. Now Estie is all those plus Italian, French-Canadian and Russian.

America: the land of Mutts. :) (You know, mutts are a very hardy breed, just ask a veterinarian)

Back to the game:
Since we arrived just after kickoff the only available seats were here:


Behind this pole.

At least we could see one of the goal posts:)

It was a pretty good game and we had fun, though I don't actually know what the score ended up being as we left 15 minutes early. Oh well, it was nice to get out by ourselves.... sort of by ourselves that is. Thanks Chad and Kellie for a fun birthday present to us both!

1 comment:

klyn said...

And not even a picture of Tone' wearing his scarf! What, no Timber's colors? The pole is pretty great! Ha! Come back to the Sounders and we'll get the better seats!
And, there it is, the redhead comment. See, daily occurance for me. Well, not by drunk people. Usually nice elderly gentlemen in line at the grocery store, bank, event, etc...