Sunday, March 21, 2010

Let's Head To The Park!

The boys and I were happily surprised when Tone' called Friday afternoon to say that he was headed home for the weekend. With the sun expected to shine all day on Saturday we decided to hit Happy Valley Park (my favorite!) and have some good old fashioned fun. We were only there for a couple hours, but we packed it well with all the park has to offer.

We hit the playground first, and naturally, Nikolas has to push the limits on everything he does. (Somewhat similar to his mother....)
Instead of using the stairs or a ladder, he gets up the play structure by climbing up the supporting beams and such. I've stopped worrying. I mean, really, I taught him to rock climb on real rock when he was 2 years old, so what can I expect.

Look at what a big boy Nikolas is becoming!!! He was standing next to the teeter totter and another boy came up who was a couple years older and so they both got on. Nik was ecstatic:)


Next we headed for the creek that runs through the park. Since we don't live on a farm like I would love, this is the next best thing. The boys had a blast jumping in the water, throwing rocks, climbing on logs and showing us everything else they can do. Nik isn't too fond of slimy rocks, however.



After quite a while at the creek we put wet Lukas into the stroller and Nik hopped on his bike and we took a walk/ride through the park. After the bike ride, Tone' and I lounged around the beach volleyball sand pit while Lukey played in the sand and Nikolas climbed a little tree. In his underwear. I know, I know, my kids are always half dressed, but there was a really good reason! Their shorts were wet from the creek and I didn't want them caked with sand and get sand all over the car, now that's a good reason, isn't it?

There is nothing this little monkey can't climb. My dreams of having a climbing prodigy for a child is coming true! (insert gleeful giggle!)


Lukas discovered a great place to build a sand pile:)
He snuck up on Tone' while Tone' had his eyes shut.
There was definitely a mischievous sound that escaped that little boy's mouth while he was running to refill his bucket. We've decided: Lukey is a little stinker. But he's soooooo CUTE!

Seeing as the boys were filthy and we were only a mile from Grandma and Grandpa Grahams house we went over there and gave those boys baths. You should have seen the bath water after they were done, ewwww. Then we piled them into the car and headed home and not to our surprise they both fell asleep within two minutes of leaving.

This glorious day was a nice glimpse at what is to come in the next month as winter is leaving and spring is arriving. I've already been wearing flip flops and going barefoot.
Come on summer!

No comments: