Thursday, March 11, 2010

Single Mom Again

Tone' just headed north to work in Linwood, Washington (just north of Seattle) for 8 months. He has only been gone for 2 weeks and I'm already done.

Done being a single mom and not having any help in the evenings.

Done repeating to my boys, "No, Daddy's not coming home tonight. __ more days." That is, if he is able to come home on the weekends, which is not going to be the case this weekend.

Done having to drag my boys to the grocery store and coupon at the same time.

Done getting into a cold bed and not having any one to stick my cold feet on.

And that is only the beginning. I realize there are many women, and men, who are single parents all the time, and my heart goes out to them. It stinks!

In spite of the negative tone I am portraying, I'm dealing with it, actually, just fine. Then again, he's only been gone 2 weeks.

Only 7 months, 2 weeks more to go.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor Rebecca!

It's not until our husbands go that we realize how much they DO help!

Enjoy the ability to hang with your friend's house in the evenings.

Enjoy not making entire dinners for Tone and eating kid food!

Enjoy having the bed to yourself-stretch out!

rebecca said...

Haha, Thanks JAmie:) Yes, those things ARE enjoyable!