Thursday, May 5, 2011

Girl Clothes!

Let's just get this out in the open. I'm not into clothes. In case you haven't noticed. Which, I'm sure you have as my wardrobe hasn't had a makeover since over five years ago. Before then my clothing was split into two categories: professional bank attire and rock climbing. The former consisted of multiple expensive suits from Petite Sophisticate while the latter was a mixture of Prana, North Face and Nike in the form of tank tops, shorts and puffy jackets. My "mom" wardrobe doesn't exactly fit in with my former shopping style, and so I have pretty much been reduced to wearing hand me downs and the occasional Old Navy special as I now don't have the disposable income to go shopping, but more importantly I don't have the excess time it takes for me to pick out clothes.
So it is quite amazing to me that my little girl seems to have quite an extensive wardrobe, and a fashionable one at that! Of course, most of her clothes are hand me downs from my generous and stylish cousin, Chelsea. Thanks Chelsea! (And also a thanks to Chelsea's mom, Debbie, who did a lot of the shopping for her granddaughters as well:)) ((By the way, Debbie is my first cousin once removed, making Chelsea my second cousin...and our children third cousins...just in case anyone was interested in my geneology:)) Hand me downs from children retain their style much better than adults, as children are in them for such a short amount of time. I have also found that little girls have a much wider and cuter array of choices than boys do. But enough words, just see for yourself:


Estie's Easter outfit



Estie's second Easter outfit after pooping all over her entire first Easter outfit...and Grandma.

Sorry Sue!

(And Chels, I got all the stains out!)







Happy Baby:)






As Kellie once pointed out, there is a lot of pink on my daughter.

I own exactly ONE pink item,

while Estella owns exactly one NON-pink item.

As all of her clothes have come from others generosity, I don't have much say in the matter,

but I must admit, I actually like all the pink! Maybe because it would be hard to know if she was a girl otherwise. I know it's nAlign Leftot because I'm becoming more girly. Ha! Perish the thought.

I wouldn't know the first thing about being girly, but if I keep dressing her in pink and putting bows in her hair then eventually my little girl might be teaching me a thing or two about clothes and hair and style. That might be the thing for the hopeless state of fashion affairs I am in.

I'm so blessed to be the Mama of this little girl.

Thank you Lord!

3 comments:

klyn said...

I must remember to buy her some purple of green or blue.

Or buy the boys pink to fit in to the new color scheme?

Everyone else has green or pink M's Day cards - not you, blue. Zach noticed. It wasn't exactly intentional, but 1 blue out of ten cards was noticeable.

Chelsea said...

Yay, I made it into one of your posts! :) I'm glad you are loving the clothes, they look adorable on Estie! Though I'm sure she'd be adorable no matter what she were wearing. I have more when she's ready for the next size up...

Computer Repair said...

A very cute photos thanks for the good photos