Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Road Trip Part II: Colorado


Upon leaving my cousins, (actually my moms cousin, thereby making Ronda and I first cousins once removed), we headed east to another cousins (actually Ronda's son thereby making him and I second cousins) home on a hundred plus acres of beautiful country.






Matthew took us on a 4 wheeler trip around his land. This particular 4 wheeler is supposed to fit two people. We had six. Granted, one of those was a tiny baby, two were small children and two more were small adults, but still, we thought it was rather funny. Alex and I sandwiched Estie inbetween us and put the boys on both sides and HELD ON!




They had the time of their lives.

To say the least.





Some of the hills we went on were so steep I decided to walk.

I know, even I get a little cautious at times.



Nikolas at the top enjoying the view.





How would you like to wake up to this everyday?

Yes, please!




Lukas, in true American form, collecting all the bullet shells from target practice.

It just happened that he was wearing patriotic colors:)



Then we were,

ON THE ROAD AGAIN....

It sure was nice to have another driver along,

and Alex had just obtained her drivers license only a couple

months before, but had already gone on a road trip before ours.

She only almost killed us once, but then again, so did I.



A little glimpse into how Lukas passed the time:

unraveling Fruit By the Foot and seeing how long it would last while wrapping it around various body parts.


showing us what he could do with a leftover snack bag....

He was quite entertaining at least.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh yes, I recognize that Colorado landscape. Does Lukas happen to have any shorts on? Or was that part of the whole show also?

rebecca said...

Well, he did have underwear on, but i did have to crop it because it might have been a little more of Lukas than others would want to see....