Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Little Skater

Nikolas has discovered skateboarding.

His cousins, Zachary and Alexandra came to stay with us for 5 days and Zach brought his Waveboard. While Alex watched for cars, Zach, Nik and Mama rode our boards down the driveway. I felt like a hip, young mom on my longboard looking like i could actually skate. Having snowboarded for so many years helped, I was at least able to skate down the driveway and down the street a ways. Zachary just purchased his waveboard this summer and already handles it like a pro and little Nikolas really wanted to stand like the rest of us on his skateboard, but Mama only would let him sit or lay on it. I am sure Nik will be skating with no problems next year.
Am I a cool mom or what, letting my 2 year old ride a skateboard down a driveway and into the street?
Either that, or reckless and crazy....
Here is Zach and the latest trend in transportation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in the blog agin. Cool.

klyn said...

Riding the skateboard into a street policed by Alex "AKA the safety and rule enforcer" is pretty tame compared to your machette use at 9! Although Nik's screwdriver used to make me cringe! :)