Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Wonders of Walgreens

This may be a weird post for some of you, but I had to share about the AMAZING DEAL I recently made at Walgreen's. I have only recently begun to discover the money saving deals at Walgreen's, thanks to moneysavingmom and my friend Angela, who doesn't blog anymore so I can't link to her. If you are needing to save money on household items like I do, or you just want to save money period, then you should check out the link I just mentioned. Okay, so here is the deal I just made: I bought 30 jumbo packs of diapers containing 40 per pack, 480 count wipes, 4 packs of flushable wipes, a bottle of baby oil, two bottles of children's tylenol and a pack of M&M's (to celebrate) for a grand total of $30.65! Just to put that into perspective, a box of 4 jumbo packs of diapers at costco costs around $42. Not only did I save $320.77, but i also received $30 in Register Rewards, which is money I can spend on anything at Walsgreen's.
So then, with $20 in Register Rewards I purchased the above. Not only did I only spend $1.23 for ALL of this with my own money, but I will be receiving $18. 53 back in rebates which i will then be able to spend at Walgreen's again. Pretty sweet.
And with my last $10 in Register Rewards I purchased this, which only cost me $1.47 out of pocket. Are you amazed?! I was. How they stay in business is beyond me, they certainly don't make a profit from me shopping there. These deals were made by using their EasySaver Catalog and ad found in the front of the store and by using coupons from the paper. Every week brings new possibilities, so much so that I am now a bit obsessed with my weekly trip to Walgreen's.
So, there you have it. For $33.35 I bought all of this. I figure I won't have to buy diapers for at least 7 months, which I am hoping will take me right up to nearly potty trained for Lukas. Yes, I know he will be only 14 months old, but I have a plan. Plus, and this may freak some of you out, 6 month old Lukas has been going potty on the little potty once a day for over a month now. I take him after he wakes up in the morning. I am in no way planning on potty training him until he can walk and has turned at least one year old, but I figure that by taking him once a day he will be that much more comfortable with it when it comes time. No pressure on him though, if he isn't potty trained until he is two like his older brother, I think I can handle that:)

3 comments:

klyn said...

Great job with the savings! It's always nice to spend far less than the amount you save! Did mom use coupons? I don't remember? How did I become such a coupon fanatic if I had no early training?
Scaring me with the whole Lukas on the potty, although it is very cool and makes total sense that it is going to be so "known and normal" for him to transition to the potty full-time instead of diapers!

melissa said...

ok, that's just amazing. I checked out the site you linked to and still don't know if I could do that. Maybe I'll have to take a trip to walgreen's with you!
How in the world did you get that many packages of diapers for $30!!!???
that's just crazy.

rebecca said...

Train you I will, my young padawon:)
In fact, there is a deal again this week. I will call you, or you call me.