Monday, August 18, 2008

Toddler Phrases

Nikolas' favorite sayings lately are:

1) I do dat.

He has to do everything by himself these days, which means he walks around the house with one arm through one sleeve and his head and other arm through the neck hole. I have no idea how he manages to do this. He also walks around with both legs through one leg hole when he is wearing shorts, it looks like he is wearing a skirt. Brother.
This phrase also means that he wants to wipe his own dirty little bottom, not good. There is lots of disaster recovery involved after potty time.

2) Hi Mama.

Over and over and over again. It is cute the first couple times. It's the 15th time in 5 minutes that has me wanting to change my name.

and some funny ways he says words are:

1) Dewey - which means orange. Um, okay.
2) Yump - at least this one is understandable, it means jump. We go yumping alot.
3) Yack - is his name for his cousin, Zach. "Z's" are a hard letter, i will give him that.


and names he has given to things:

1) hello - cell phone
2) beep beep - car
3) kiki - blanket

I am sure i am leaving out lots of funny things he says, but I figured I would throw out a few at least. He constantly makes me laugh with his tiny little voice and his funny little words. Admittedly, he drives me bonkers as well as he repeats himself constantly, but i know that is being two and learning how to talk, so i try to repeat the word or phrase back to him properly so we can move on to a new word to be repeated again and again. And i bang my head against the table a few times a day........ it helps.

2 comments:

klyn said...

Ah yes, the banging the head stage of motherhood...not true that it is only for toddlers. I did it myself when the kids were small and persistent. I still do that sometimes with the big and persistent kids...

melissa said...

I think my own mother STILL does it occasionally...though I'm sure it's always because of my brother and NEVER because of me ;)