Monday, February 16, 2009

The Nikolas Express


Nikolas has a slight obsession with all things train, so I brought out a train painting kit I had found a while back to keep him occupied with something other than television while I made dinner. As the paint was anything but "kid friendly" I had to put one of my old t-shirts on him and then clip it together with a chip clip. He thought that was pretty cool. I think it reminds me of a hospital gown. I was a bit leery in giving him unwashable paints to paint with, but by the time I realized they were unwashable he already knew it was a train he would get to paint so there was no going back then. At least, not without lots of screaming, which was NOT what I wanted to deal with then. Instead, I gave him stern directions on where paint does and does not go, (there were a lot more of the latter) and he did surprisingly well. I only had to clean paint off the scanner and Lukas once.


It was apparently an exceptionally difficult task to paint a whole train as he sat on the couch with his head on his hand and his elbow on his knee and kept repeating, "Hard Day.

Hmmm, kind of sounds like a certain Daddy who comes home and tells Mama about his, "hard day". He loves to mimic Daddy often and will run to get his pen and paper and tells me he is doing his, "homework". Kind of freaks me out with how closely they pay attention to everything we say and do.

2 comments:

klyn said...

Nik's train is so creatively painted! We are impressed with his wonderful job! The top of the engine even looks like a professional tie-dye job!

Hmmm, no pics of the painted Lukas? A little moustache going on maybe?

I hope he has an incredible time tomorrow!!!

Jodi said...

Oh my word, he is such a big boy. I love how hard he was concentrating on his painting. Too cute. :)