Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Daddy's Little Man

Lately our little Lukas has branched out from being a mamas boy to deciding that daddy is pretty fun to be with. This past week we were all up north visiting Tone' and Lukas was all about the daddy. He kept going up to him, grabbing his head with his chubby little hands, pulling him close and then smacking him on the lips, over and over again. Tone', not used to the newly aquired attention bestowed upon him, was soaking in the love. I, on the other hand, suddenly found myself in a position I am not used to when it comes to my little boys, the back seat.

"What???!!!" I'm not always going to be first in their lives????!!!!

I couldn't even beg Luke to kiss me, even when Tone' would say, "kiss mama", Luke would then turn and kiss Tone'. Truly, I'm not used to this rejection, though, I must admit, I find it.............

refreshing. Aaaahhhhh, freedom. You moms of young ones know what I mean. When your baby suddenly becomes a little boy/girl and can survive without mama for more than two hours.


Tone' has even found himself a new job. Putting Lukas to bed. He has developed a little routine by telling Luke it is time for bed, at which point Lukas immediately juts his lower lip out and starts to pout. Then the tears start coming and his pouting begins to turn to crying. This is where Tone' interjects with a "No Lukas, no crying......Lukas, NO crying." Magically, Lukas then sucks in his cry mid-stream and clamps his mouth shut and goes back to pouting again. Tone' then lays him down, sometimes repeating the scenario, and walks out the door.

That is alot better than my version which goes something like this:
nurse him until he falls asleep and then lay him down, unless, of course, I have fallen asleep myself, in which case I usually wake up around 1am with a bent neck and then have to repeat the process as moving at that point wakes Lukas up.

Hmmmm, I like Tone's version better.

I am learning, I'm pleased to announce. I have been copying Tone the last few nights and it amazingly works for me as well!

Nice work Daddy, now get home so you can take over the bedtime process.......................

and so I can go grocery shopping in peace.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Ohhhh! That's so cute! I know Lukas couldn't keep his lips off me last night. I lost count of the kisses. And he's learned to keep his mouth closed for the most part, which is nice. Because it used to be open drooly mouth and runny nose. Blech!