Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm Glad It's Not Me Anymore:)

This week the boys and I headed up to Tacoma to watch Zachary's track meet and Alex's cross country meet. They both are excellent runners and it has been fun for me to see my nephew and niece competing in the same sports as I once did.

Zach ran the mile in a time of 6:19, his second fastest time of the year thus far (though later this week he had another meet and ran a PR of 6:07!)

Zachary also competed in the long jump and jumped 13 feet, or thereabouts, I can't remember exactly. He did a great job and then he also competed in the 200 meters and the relay.

"Go Zach! Run Zach!"

Nikolas was a devoted fan and kept cheering for Zach as he went by.

Lukas was a bit more excited about the military planes that kept circling around us. Apparently they were practicing touchdowns or something. It was pretty cool to see those massive planes so close to us.

Lukey also had fun walking along the fence and curb. He was pretty proud of himself:)


We hung out at Kellie's the next two days and then on Wednesday went to Alexandra's district cross-country meet. During the race someone stepped on a bees nest and a bunch of girls were stung while they were running. Alex was one of those who were stung, and not just once, but twice! When I saw her coming in for the last 200 meters I noticed her pained expression and thought, "She's really pushing herself", which was true but mainly it was due to the bee stings on her arm and leg.


She ended up with her fastest time of the year, bee stings and all!

This was Alex's last cross-country race of her high school career and I can hardly believe it. The last four years have gone by so fast, I just can't believe she is a senior and going to be graduating this year! I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for this young woman.

Had to slip in a picture of Lukas with his Aunt Kellie:)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

She's a SENIOR?! How did that happen? Kellie, how could you let her do that?! :)

klyn said...

I am not one that will tell you that the time went quick. Nope, it actually was quite painstakingly s-l-o-w. But, oh we have some great stories...!
I have a feeling that when my youngest is a senior, then I'll be telling you that the time went by too fast.
Now, when both of you have kids that are seniors...that I can't even fathom!

Sheri said...

Yeah Alex and Zach! And it's great you have such devoted fans.