Monday, October 5, 2009

Tea and Crumpets

My friend, Jennifer, is having a baby in December so one of her co-workers, (my former co-workers), had a fabulous tea party for her. It was so much fun to sort through all the fancy hats and find ones which matched our outfits. We wore them the whole time, and though mine felt like it was about to pop off my head, I got used to it and it was actually rather fun being all fancy like.

All the wonderful ladies from my former banking days.

Patti, standing with the teapot, has the girliest home I have ever seen! There are dolls and lace and pink galore making her home the perfect setting for a tea party. She spoiled all of us by providing 4 different types of tea along with finger sandwhiches, cream puffs, fruit, scones with jam and lemon curd, lemon pastries and so much more. I'm thinking that tea parties should be a regular event as it was a lot of fun. Of course, good company does help:)

Jennifer and I started working downtown on the same exact day for Commercial Banking, and since we didn't know anyone else we stuck together and ended up being really good friends. In fact, this was my first day back to work (and a new one at that!) since my mom had died. Jennifer didn't know what she was getting into when we went out to lunch together that first day as I then told her that my mother had died only two weeks prior. She was the sympathetic ear I needed and I will always appreciate her for that.
This will be Jennifers' second baby, a boy, who will be joining his big sister, Lexi. Lexi is about the cutest little girl ever and I can only imagine how cute a little boy of Jennifers' will be. If you want to see what I mean you can check out Jennifers' blog here.
Congratulations Fern, on the new little one, and I can't wait to hang out during your maternity leave!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie said...

That looks like fun... Also, loved the photos of the little climber (I know you must be so proud) :) Jonas is in Portland this weekend, wish I could be there with him and see you and the kids.

Sheri said...

Yeah, some girl subjects to scrap now. Thank-you! Thank-you! I can use flowers and maybe even some pink.