Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fall Fun

Though I really prefer summer over any other season, I do love seeing the leaves changing and then getting out one crisp fall day to rake them all up. This tree, which is actually our neighbors, hangs over the fence and creates a beautiful little oasis on the side of our house. It also creates a lot of little leaves that need raking, and raking and raking some more.

The boys had a blast running back and forth through my piles of leaves and created about 4 times more work for me, but as I've said, I do like raking.

In spite of their efforts to disperse all my piles, I did manage to fill wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow full and take it to the garden for composting. Lucky for them they are still little enough to ride along. How wonderful these kids lives are and they don't even realize it!
Right about this time dark clouds rolled in and big droplets of water began to fall all around us. I wanted to finish up, though, so we kept working even as the rains came flowing down. By the time we finished and put everything away we were soaked but everyone was smiling. Then it was time for warm clothes, hot chocolate and a Thomas the Tank Engine movie! Oh yeah, wild and crazy at the Gibson household.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Very cute! And what a major day in the Gibson household: Nik stayed clothed!