Thursday, November 5, 2009

Trick Or Treat: Part 2

It is funny to me that I am now taking my children Trick or Treating as I never went as a child until the ripe old age of 12 when I went with friends. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be 3 years old and get to dress up as your favorite character in the ENTIRE WORLD and not only that but then get to go running with your very best friends door to door where all these adults who you have never met before willingly put handfuls of candy into your outstretched hands. Sounds sweet. Thomas and Mr. Incredible are deep in conversation.
and yes, Nikolas IS barefoot. He did start out with boots on, boots because I was thinking it would be cold and wet. Apparently they were a little too heavy for him though as he was the sllllooooowwwest child going from door to door. So I thought, "Hey, let's take his boots off!" Well, that was, indeed, the culprit as the second he was bootless he bolted to the front of the gang and didn't slow down. It may seem like bad parenting to have your 3 year old running around on the cold pavement for an hour....in October.....at night.....but five days later and he's still completely healthy! It does help, so goes my theory, that the boys and I run around barefoot from the moment the sun starts to shine again in the spring until the very last moment our little toes can handle the cold and wet in the fall/winter.


I had to throw in a picture of Superman; AKA Nathan.
I mean, isn't he adorable???

Lukas quickly figured out that if he stood at a door long enough someone would come
and hand him "ums" (as he calls chocolate). What he didn't quite understand was that
they only do it once. So each time I had to pick him up and carry him to the next one
or he would just stand there waiting for the door to open again:)



Admiring his loot.

NO ONE, is touching this boys candy.

1 comment:

klyn said...

How is it that you are the barefoot one? I remember distinctly when I stopped - 8 mos pregnant in the trailer house in Georgia in January and the landlord said the "barefoot and pregnant" phrase. Now I wander around outside with socks - so much different!
Great Part 2 pics. Yes, I recall my one trick or treating episode as a child. A hyena mask and my fur trimmed hood on my coat was my costume. I'm sure you don't remember that night and I probably stole your candy.