Monday, March 21, 2011

Nik's New Ride

Nikolas' 5th birthday is coming up and he was needing a new bike as his other bike was a 12" with teensy little tires that couldn't keep up with his pedaling. So off to Toys R Us we went and brought home a new "Shark" bike. He is one excited little boy!



Riding off curbs

and a video of him riding off the ramp Tone' made him:
He took to his new 14" bike with ease and is able to ride so much faster.
Tone' is about ready to take him on the bike path, though we're just a little worried about whether he will pay attention to other bikers so he doesn't get run over or end up in the blackberry bushes.


Then there is little brother Lukas.
Who, at 3, still only wants to ride his litte Retro Rocket that he started riding when he was a one year old. Once in a while he'll go out on a limb and ride a tricycle, but only when he's feeling daring. It really is cute though to watch him pushing that thing all over the place, especially since he has no clue that he is always last when he races Nik. They both say, "I won!".

And here is a video showing he does have a little bit of a daring side:

3 comments:

klyn said...

I love how early little kid's personalities are often a glimpse into what they will do when they grow up!
How fun it will be to see what their futures hold for them!

rebecca said...

I know, I'm afraid I'm going to end up comparing Lukas to Nik alot as I'm more like Nik is. I'll have to practice some restraint so I don't actually compare them out loud. Feel free to remind me!

Sheri said...

Just put Luke in with me. I was never a daredevil, but I turned out pretty good anyway and am a functioning, useful part of society! :)