Thursday, May 8, 2008

First Beach Day of the Year

Wednesday night I spontaneously decided to head to the beach the next morning to hang out with my brother and his family who had been vacationing there all week. When the thought popped into my head I ignored it at first thinking the cost of gas was too expensive to allow a trip to the beach, especially for the day. Then I started thinking that I rarely see my brother, sister-in-law and two nieces and what better place to hang out with them then at the beach. Still seemed silly to go all that way to hang out with someone since they only live 15 minutes away from me, but I had already started packing at that point and decided to go with my spontaneity.

Boy am I glad we went as Nikolas had such a great time! He headed straight for the ocean like there was a magnetic force pulling him in. His cousin Morgan and I had to keep reigning him in as the large waves didn't seem to deter him from heading west.
He also loved chasing the birds and wasn't very happy that they kept flying away.
He spent about 10 minutes jumping along the beach. I think he's part kangaroo as he loves to jump anywhere and everywhere.
This is his cousin Morgan, who he calls "Abby". Abby happens to be Morgans older sister. I think he calls them both Abby as Morgan is too hard for him to say. Thankfully, Morgan loves him anyway:)











I think a balance of spontaneity and schedules are good for mamas and kids alike. Spontaneity keeps life exciting, while schedules keep life sane. I am looking forward to more spontaneous trips this summer.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

klyn said...

Nik looked like he had so much fun!
Okay, now I am looking at beach places to rent this summer!!
The cabin is just not the same -although that's on the agenda, too!!