Thursday, May 15, 2008

Understanding My Mother


Growing up I remember getting after my mom for asking for kitchen items. I would say, "those benefit the whole family, you shouldn't sacrifice your present for something you should just go out and buy!".
Well Mom, I finally understand your reasoning. Now that I am married, have kids, am living on one income and spending the majority of my time in the kitchen(or so it seems) I realize why my mom didn't just, "go out and buy" whatever she needed or wanted for the kitchen. Because, as the saying goes, "Money doesn't grow on trees!" and even if the item would help in the kitchen drastically I can't just go out and buy things whenever I please if I want to stay home with my children. So that is why I finally understand my mom and her wish list as it has now become mine. For Mothers Day I asked Tone' for an electric skillet and that is just what I got and I was actually excited about it! Next up is my birthday and I am asking for a crockpot, how bizarre is that?! I wonder if I will ever ask for things like climbing shoes or snowboards again? Hopefully one day, like when Nik and Luke and my two girls, (yep, I am having two girls someday, but that's another story) are into sports and activities and we can all do them together.
In the meantime, you can find me barefoot, currently NOT pregnant, and in the kitchen making beef stroganoff in my new skillet.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I understand now as well. It seems like whenever I make a wish list for Christmas or my birthday, at least 75% of it is kitchen items. And what's really sad is that it REALLY IS what I want the most. I'm so right there with you. :)

Mark, Marnie and Laila Anderson said...

I'm there with you, I was stoked about my bread maker for my birthday.