Friday, May 30, 2008

Our Little Gardener


Here is my little helper with his very own hoe. He was helping Daddy to break up dirt clods and smooth everything out. Well, actually, he was doing a bit more dirt throwing, but he is two and a boy so it's okay.

Not that two and a girl would make it not okay.....







I love seeing my litte boy playing in the dirt and having a great time. I am looking forward to Lukas being able to join him.

So when i plant my seeds that i just bought, how am i going to convince him that he can't play in the dirt anymore..... I didn't think of that before this little episode.





Isn't that a look of a happy little boy?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I know what you mean...as soon as my veggies go in this weekend Jack loses his favorite place to play. So we're going to make him his own dirt pile in the other corner of our yard. What good are Tonka dump trucks and bulldozers without a big pile of dirt? :)

klyn said...

What, you didn't have to first call in Nik's dump truck to carry all of the thousands of rocks you had to pull out of the garden pre-planting!! You have missed a crucial step. But then, you also don't have potholes to fill like we did in Seattle!
The boxes are gorgeous.
And Nikolas will only try to get those seeds in the best possible position for growth, which may very well take several plantings!!