Monday, June 9, 2008

Oh What Fun!

First off I would like to say that I, Rebecca, had wanted a Power Wheels ever since they came out when I was around 9 years old. Clearly, too old for one, yet I REALLY WANTED ONE. I only had to wait 21 years until I had a little boy so that I could get one, although now my little tushy doesn't quite fit:( Nevertheless, it has been great fun watching Nik enjoy it. Nik received this very cool Jeep for Christmas from his Grandpa Gibson and has thoroughly enjoyed it. Today was even better as he had two friends over to enjoy it with him. Obviously, from the huge smiles in the picture, it is apparent they had fun. In fact, they pretty much had their mouths open, screeching with delight, the entire time. Nik isn't the best driver quite yet, he doesn't really get the concept of looking where you are going and steering in that direction. In fact, I don't think he even tries to steer, he mostly just lets the jeep go wherever the wheels take him, which usually means in circles:) Eventually I figured out that I could just sit in the middle of the road and take pictures as he did laps around me. (I figured this out only after Tone' and Jason pointed it out to me as they watched me run in circles for a while)
It was the cutest thing to see big brother Jack holding little sister Delaney on his lap while Nik drove. He showed great patience for a 3 year old boy, I thought.
This picture pretty much summed up the kids feelings. Sheer delight! It was pretty fun for us adults as well. I don't think any of us stopped smiling the whole time, it was just so fun and funny to see our little ones having such a blast and playing so well together. ( no small feat with my boy) It was the perfect ending to a really nice day that happened to be Tone's 33rd birthday. He had planned to go running with Jason so he and Jodi and their kids had come over for a BBQ and to go run. Well, someone decided to eat first and run last, yeah, that didn't work so well. Why is it that men seem to not be able to say "no" to seconds? At least they got their exercise in by chasing the kids around and making sure they didn't get squooshed by oncoming cars. And wasn't it nice to have ONE NICE DAY? Where are you sun???

3 comments:

klyn said...

So, when are Jack and Delaney getting their jeeps? :)
Great pics!

Jodi said...

Oh, those pictures are so cute! I love the vein popping out of Nik's neck in the second one. They were so much fun to watch. :)

Clubprouser said...

How adorable! I want a Jeep!!!