Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nik Notes

I always have so many things about Nikolas that i always want to post but they are sometimes small and seemingly unblogworthy so I never do. Well, now I have come up with a post idea and I am going to compile "Notes" about "Nik" every so often and that way i can include even the little things.
Tonight's Notes:

(This actually isn't small as it was pretty serious)

It was bedtime and Nik was jumping on my bed while i was going through some things for my garage sale I am having on Friday and Saturday (proceeds go to the Lukas needs a new car seat fund). Anyway, all of a sudden there was a VERY LOUD CRASH AND BANG followed by screaming. I turned around and there was Nik on the floor UNDERNEATH THE DRESSER! Only his head was sticking out and the lamp and a container of change was scattered next to him. I quickly pulled the dresser up off of him and saw his legs, which had been pinned underneath it, were folded in a position that did not look promising. ALso, underneath him were about 10 pairs of hair cutting scissors, some of which looked as though they may be piercing his skin. I started screaming for Tone' as I was trying to get the dresser upright so i could pick Nik up. There was something in the way though and so i couldn't let go of the dresser or it would fall back on Nik who was just laying there screaming. Tone' wasn't coming as he couldn't hear me and so i started screaming louder and finally Tone' came rushing in. We got the dresser upright and picked Nik up and checked him all over and found that he hadn't been cut and his legs were fine. Phew!!!! He did, however, have a 3/4 inch cut across him forehead on top of a very large goose egg. He started calming down about 10 minutes later and after applying the magic bandaid and cuddling with his two kikis he fell asleep in mama's bed.
So that ended my rather busy day on a rather exciting note.

I am constantly amazed that any of us ever make it to adulthood. There are so many times a tragedy could occur that I have to believe that God has his protective hands around us keeping us safe. There really isn't any other explanation as to how i survived college.... Even this afternoon, I had asked Nik to get in his car seat and then i strapped baby Lukas in and got in the car and took off. I had only made it about 2 blocks when i realized that Nikolas had gotten into his car seat, but I had forgotten to buckle him in!!! I quickly made it to the side of the road and fixed the issue, but it was heart stopping nonetheless. I just can't keep him completely safe like i want to and like i think i should as his gaurdian, but I know that there is One greater and stronger than I who is interested in Nik's well being. So aside from doing things like keeping him buckled and attaching dressers to the wall, the most powerful thing I can do for my children is pray for them. I found out after my mom passed away that she had been praying for me every day of her life. My sister and I read through some of her journals and she had written what she prayed about for each of us pretty much everyday, even up until she died. I guess we are never too old for our mothers to be asking for our protection. I aspire to do the same for my own children and hopefully they will carry on her legacy of being a follower of Jesus Christ.

No comments: