Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Blogging, Let's Start With Christmas!

After a very long blogging break, I think I am ready to start posting again. The craziness all started on Christmas Eve and continued all the way through January 3rd, which is why I just didn't make it to the computer until now.
Christmas was good, though totally different than years past. With my mom gone and my dad having recently remarried we didn't end up being all together on Christmas morning like we used to. It was a bit hard for me as I really like waking up with all my family and eating monkey bread and opening stockings and such, on the other hand, it was kind of exciting to start a new tradition, possibly, of Tone' and my growing little family celebrating Christmas in our own way.
On Christmas Eve we went to Tone's Dad's home and opened presents with Leon, Jane and Tone's brother, Bill. They absolutely spoiled our boys like you wouldn't believe! I mean, it was a bit over the top, wow.
Nik's highlight was probably his new bike, which he won't be able to ride for another year, which means all day I hear, "Mama, I ride my bike. You push me." (Have I mentioned he is talking really well these days?) So the bike is going to need to be garaged for a few months, or more. His other highlight, which he has been playing with non-stop, was his remote control Thomas Train. He slept with it for the first week. Mama had to kiss Thomas goodnight even.

Mama's of girls kiss dolls and stuffed animals. Mama's of boys kiss trains and Jedis. I find that rather humorous.


Lukas received his first "video game". Okay, it isn't really, but he does move a little joystick to make the monkey dance which made me think of a video game instantly. Really, what will they think of next?!

The toys were fun and had their moments, but what really caught Lukas' attention were the water globes. It looks like he is looking into his crystal ball: " I see.......
a big red man with a white beard bringing lots of gifts for me" :)
Of course, he had to test out the reindeer antlers to see if they were real.
Then he found this box.........
And spent about 5 minutes trying to maneuver his whole body into it.
Notice the bright green toy behind him, totally forgotten? Sorry Leap Frog, you just can't compete with a box.

Over at my Dad's he discovered this basket and spent a great deal of time trying to do somersaults into it......
He was overjoyed when someone opened a present and gave him the wrapping paper so he could play his favorite game, Peekaboo, or as we call it, "Where's the Baby?".
There he is!

(note to self: don't buy Lukas toys)

My family also gave some wonderful gifts to the boys, like toddler snacks and sippy cups for Lukas, (always in need of those!), and more Thomas fun for Nik including an outing coming up with Grandpa and Grandma to go see Thomas the Tank Engine Live at the Coliseum!!! He is so going to Flip Out!
The morning after Christmas Tone' and I hosted the Graham Extended Family Christmas at our house. That had me busy all day and then the next day I took my 3 nieces and nephew out to eat and then to see the "Wizard of Oz" play downtown. We had a lot of fun and the play was done really well, especially the melting witch part. By the time I dropped them all off and made it back home I had been gone from Lukas for 7 hours, which is the most so far that I have been a way from him. He did wonderful with Tone', which means, haha Tone', now I know I can be gone for long periods of time.
You would think that I would be able to take a break after all that and have some down time, but, oh no, my dad had to be born on December 29th, of all days, and he just happened to turn 70 this year! So my sister Kellie and I started pulling everything together to celebrate his birthday a few days late, on the 3rd.
And that, my friends, is another post......

No comments: