Friday, January 30, 2009

Bubble Soup

Going to the dentist has been one of those "things to do" that I have been avoiding ever since Nikolas turned two last March. As many know, my little man does not do well with new places or new people, especially when those people are touching him, so I had been imagining lots of screaming involved.
Strangely, our time at the dentist was exactly opposite of what I had imagined. He was a model patient!!! The dental hygienist even commented on how well he did for being two.

Here he is just after sitting in the big chair. Naturally, his kiki came with us. I love that he has a "lovey" other than me. It would have been rather cramped sitting in that chair with him:)


Truly, the props go to Barbara, our dental hygienist. She came in and was calm and quiet and not in his face. Then she asked him if he wanted "bubble soup", which peaked his interest. I don't know if "bubble soup" is a trick of the trade, but if it isn't, every dentist needs to know how to make it. It consists of spraying the water from the little sprayer they use to rinse your teeth and the air they use to blow out the water from your teeth and mixing those into a cup.
Water + Air = Bubble Soup

Brilliant!!!

Nik thought it was delicious and wanted more. She even let him make his own:)

The Verdict after all was said and done: No Cavities!!! and the dentist said he has great enamel.

Phew!!! I was really expecting something more along the lines of, "Looks like he has been soaking his teeth in sugar, lady." So thankfully, those 1 or 2 times a week we brush his teeth are working:} Heehee, better increase that before our luck runs out....

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh my word, how cute is he sitting in that chair? I laughed out loud at the vision of you sitting there in Kiki's place. :)

So yeah, I need to take my kids to the dentist. Maybe this will even motivate me to schedule an appointment today...

klyn said...

Great job, Nik!
Glad that he's got his aunt's good teeth - um, minus the past year of strangeness.
Time for a toothbrushing chsrt!

Rachel said...

The little boy I nanny has that exact same blanket as a "lovey." Too funny!