Friday, January 22, 2010

My Little Pirate Turns 2!

On Sunday Lukas turned 2 years old! I can hardly believe it as he has seemed like such a baby still. Since Luke has been in a pirate phase lately, I figured we better have a pirate party.
I made Lukey his very own little pirate ship and my niece, Alex, made the sail.

Just because I like to torture myself, I decided to make a pirate ship cake floating on an ocean, complete with gummi sharks. It took me about 4 hours to make it, though, I was interrupted multiple times. What do you think?
The only thing missing were the tootsie roll cannons coming out the sides. I just never made it back to the store for them, though there are malt ball cannon balls on board:)


Lukey actually blew his OWN candles out! I didn't think he even knew what was going on, but then, "whoosh" thar he blew!

He also did the classic face plant into his cake. Typical pirate.

Here's the new little two year old! My, he's cute. It's quite amazing that Tone' and I produced two cute kids. I wonder if we're pressing our luck by wanting more?!

Lukas' stats:

24 lbs. 33 in.

Likes: Pirates, horses, trains, balls, bike rides in the trailer, riding his tricycle (with help), jumping on trampolines, stomping in puddles, his brother Nik, wrestling with daddy, cuddling with mama....

Dislikes: Food, horses up close, big dogs, being wet, his brother Nik, being told "No" (by Daddy especially), going to sleep....

Words: Up until recently I had been thinking this boy wasn't ever going to talk. Then one day after nursery at church one of the workers said, "He talks so much! " Apparently, he even uses sentences with them, who knew?! The last couple weeks I have noticed myself that he is stringing words together more and more. In fact, seconds ago he came riding in on his horse and said, "I ride my horsey!". Of course, you would have to know Lukey dialect to have known that was what he said, but he really did think and say it! He also has finally started saying "Nik". Now he won't stop and it drives Nikolas a little crazy. Haha, now Nik knows what I feel like after hearing "mama" a hundred times a day!

This boy definitely has won me over. Tone' comments multiple times a week with, "You are smitten over that boy."

To which I reply, "Why yes, yes I am".

3 comments:

Sheri said...

He's the cutest little pirate I know, well except for the other little pirate you had before.

I think it's funny that Nik is both a like and a dislike.

rebecca said...

Ah, yes, you noticed:) I think it is funny too, and definitely true!

Kristie Herdener said...

GREAT job on the cake!! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing it, I will be tucking that cake idea away for the one day we get beyond Lightning McQueen and Thomas....

yes, I am just now getting free time to actually visit my favorite web spots. Work is a HUGE lifestyle change for me!