Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Some Sibling Love

It's not everyday that I'm with both my brother and my sister, and it is especially rare that we get a picture of just the three of us. Since both of these rare events happened due to my big brother's birthday, (last year in his 30's!) I figured I should post it.
So here we are: John, Kellie and Rebecca (though when spoken of together like that it has always been "Becky".) We really didn't plan on dressing complimentary, but it sure worked out nicely.

I'll just take this opportunity to say that I am so thankful that I have both a brother and a sister. Naturally, I have both fond memories and foul memories of these two while growing up. They could definitely say the same of me. We had our moments of tormenting each other, but when I think of growing up on the farm I think of all of us playing in the woods, swinging on the rope swing, climbing trees, playing Ghost Runner baseball, picking blackberries, apples and all the other fruit and nuts we had plus so much more that we did together.
In fact, I would have loved to have had younger siblings to play with as John, being 5 1/2 years older, was in Junior High by the time I entered grade school, which didn't give us too many years where we were both little kids at the same time. Then he was in high school and Kellie soon followed and there I was, still a kid, roaming the woods by myself. I didn't even have my dog, as Dad had chopped it's legs off while cutting hay when I was 9. Thanks Dad. (It's okay Dad, I know it wasn't your fault;) So a younger sibling would have been quite fun to have around (and totally annoying, I know, but fun nonetheless).
So there you have it, I enjoyed my brother and sister so much I would have loved to have had more! Could be one of the many reasons why I want more children.

Ya know, I never realized that John is a full head taller than me. Then again, I am a midget. My shoe size is 5.5, to which Tone' comments that I don't have feet, I have hooves. Thanks, babe. It does come in handy when I can buy my brand name shoes in the kids department for a fraction of the adult price. I'll take my hooves, thank you very much.

Here's to 33 years of memories and at least 33 more!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

So cute of all of you. And you always know we will stick together...small feet of the world UNITE!

klyn said...

Great pics! Yay! I think the last one was 4 years ago. I vote for a family baseball game the next time we are together.
You should say 3.5 (kids) as your foot size - even so much smaller sounding! :)

John Graham said...

That was one of the best dogs we ever had and the only one we spent more than 10 dollars on. By the time we got done with the Vet we had $500 in on his doctoring and then had to spend another 50 to put him to sleep. He was looking for rabbits in some real tall weeds I was cutting and I couldn't see him through the blackberries vines. For a while I called him Arithmetic (put down three and carry one), but we will always remember him as Stubby for his already short legs. He couldn't catch a cat in the field.

Sue and I are both very grateful that the Lord has given us children (five now as well as twelve grandchildren) who are following Him so well and get along with all so well. Thanks kids.