Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Zoo Trip

Last week my friend Angela and I took our kids to the zoo. I think a trip to the zoo is great.......
once a year. It is exhausting to go to the zoo with 5 children under 5 years old.
The kids were excited about the animals, though, so it was worth it. This better be the only time i ever see these boys behind bars.

Nik is signing "hippo" here.
What Nikolas was most excited about was the excavator being used to build a new lion area. He heard and saw it from afar and took off into Africa before i could stop him causing me to ditch Angela and hunt him down. He kept trying to get closer and was looking for a way through the bushes.
This is Angela and her darling daughter, Audrey. I have to post pictures of them as Angela hasn't updated her blog since, oh, about March I believe. Isn't her family cute? She should post about them, don't you think?
And if there weren't enough of her cute kids yet, here is her youngest, Nathan, who happens to be one of Luke's best friends. This will be one of those graduation slide show pictures. Just look at their chubby little cheeks:)

2 comments:

klyn said...

That hippo was always our favorite! It's the lion at our Seattle zoo, although the hippos are quite cool - just flatter.
I can't believe you would only go to the zoo once a year!!! I ADORE the zoo and would go monthly during the summer when we had a pass - weekly if I had been closer than that 20 minute drive! See, I need to live in the same city as you and then Nik and I could fulfill my weekly zoo trip desire!
Yes, Angela should blog!

melissa said...

I haven't been to the zoo all year! I owe Noah a trip so I guess I'll have to take him...looks like fun, but agreed about the amount of effort it takes to wrangle 5 children (of any age) around just about anywhere. Good job for giving it a go.