Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm Up and Running Again

Well, almost. Friday night i went to bed only to wake up at 11:30 and start puking hourly until that morning at 7:00. Puking is bad enough, but add nursing a baby and having Tone' gone at the mens retreat and it becomes a little scary. Around 4am I headed for the bathroom yet again, running into the dresser on the way, I felt like i was going to pass out and then a thought entered my mind. "What if i passed out, hit my head on the toilet and was knocked out or worse and the boys were stuck in their cribs with no way of getting help and Tone' wouldn't be home for two days!!!" So after i finished throwing up I called my good friend Sheri (remember it's still 4AM) and asked her to call me at 8 in the morning to make sure i was still alive and up. Well, she did more than that and made up a concoction to sooth my tummy and brought it over at 4:30 and proceeded to take care of Lukas and Nikolas as they woke up while i languished on the couch groaning. Then my dad and soon to be wife, Sue, came over around 7:30ish and took over care of the boys and i was able to nap most of the day except for when Lukas needed sustenance.
Sunday morning I woke up to "mama, mama", which isn't totally abnormal, and i stumbled in to find Nikolas THROWING HIS PUKE OUT OF HIS CRIB! Poor guy, he had been laying in it for a while we suspect but he didn't seem to mind too much. He just didn't want it in his bed anymore. Gross.
Oh, and Tone' was able to come home SAturday afternoon, thanks to Mitch Texeira, and took over care of me and the boys. He also cleaned up Nik and my puke. Wasn't that sweet? :)
So far, as of Monday night, Tone' and Lukas, Sheri and Sue are still well, but my dad wasn't so lucky and called me Sunday night to tell me, "thank you" for giving him the flu as well.
Sorry Papa:(
It definitely made me grateful for many things such as having friends and family to care for me, even at odd hours of the night. Also I think of all those mama's in underdeveloped countries who are nursing their babies and aren't able to go to the store and buy formula when they are so dehydrated that their babies can't get enough to eat and are screaming for more like my little Lukas was. So sad.

2 comments:

kate said...

When Lily was 4 months, we were traveling in bellingham and staying at friends. I was vomitting and then nursing most of the night. I thought I was going to die.

add to that a bladder that has had two babies pushed past it and it makes all things miserable.

so glad tone came home.

Jodi said...

Oh Rebecca...I'm so sorry. Puking is so horrible.

And wonderful is Sheri?! What a friend.