Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Little Fan

This past week the boys and I went north to Tacoma to visit my sister, Kellie, and her family. The first day there we went to cheer on my nephew, Zachary, at his track meet. When Nik saw Zach he ran straight for him for a big hug as Zach is one of his favorite people.
Zach did really well and sprinted in to the finish line to place 4th in the mile.
A few days later we were cheering at my nieces' cross-country meet. Nik loves to cheer for everyone and will clap and say, "GO!" or "Good Job!" or whatever line he hears someone else say. It's really cute:)
Alexandra did great and came in second in the 5ooo meters. It was a soggy, wet and rainy day but we had fun anyway. Nik especially had fun as he got to watch THREE TRAINS go by where Alex ran and he also got to walk through mud puddles.
Of course, the best part was having Uncle Chad playing with him at the playground while waiting for Alex to run by.
It is so fun for me to see my niece and nephew running in track and cross-country as those were my specialties when i was younger. Much younger, in fact. Like, eleven years ago was my last college race. I ran the 5000 meters in track at the Northwest championships and placed 3rd with a time of 18:35. It is hard for me to believe that i once ran that fast, as I am pretty much a slug now. Instead I inch my way up rock faces, though, once again, not like i used to three years ago. How depressing, will I ever be a stud athlete again? That is, assuming that I was once a stud athlete. It's all relative, really.
Hmm, well, anyway, back to my regularly scheduled life of being a mom; which I love:)

No comments: