Saturday, October 25, 2008

Two Year Old Crushes

Okay, so I don't know if two year olds can have a crush, but if they can then what played out before my camera sure seems to suggest they do. Nikolas is standing next to my future daughter-in-law, Delaney, as she looks at him with her shoulder raised up to her chin all cute like.
Oh, she has his attention and they are laughing about something. Careful Nik, her older and bigger brother is right behind you!

This is what kills me: Nik is walking away from a smiling little girl and he has a look on his face that says, "I talked to the pretty girl, now walk away and pretend like it wasn't a big deal.".
Okay, so I know he is a bit young to be playing matchmaker, but hey, arranged marriages used to be the norm, and why is it that now that we can choose our own mate the divorce rate is higher than ever? Just a thought, I wouldn't seriously want to have had an arranged marriage of my own, but wouldn't high school have been so much less stressful if we hadn't had to worry about whether the opposite sex liked us or not.


9 comments:

klyn said...

Well, with an arranged marriage, you quite possibly would have married Nik's "crush's" daddy! Or his brother! Weird!

Jodi said...

Ha ha...Kellie does make an interesting (and weird) point.

Those pictures are too cute. They'll make the wedding slideshow for sure. :)

Katinka said...

I remember your high school years, yeah, the four of us (Audrey, Melinda, you and I) had many talks about boys. I also recall that many of them like you! I won't name names, but I know them!

Nik & Delaney are adorable.

I once asked my Mom if arranged marriages were in if I would have been married off to her college friends' son. She said no, so chances are I would still have been single!

klyn said...

I'd have to make an arranged marriage if Alex is ever going to marry - we are picking the guy based on whether or not we like to spend time with his family - right now, it's most likely Austin! Ha! I figure they have already gotten most of their arguments out of their system after all those years of walking to school together - should be smooth sailing!!

Clubprouser said...

That is the cutest post I have ever seen! Go Nik!

rebecca said...

Fun! THanks for all your comments! I was hoping I wouldn't sound crazy for already thinking of marriage. I'm sure i will be exactly opposite with my future little girl:) Boys, stay away!

klyn said...

Oh, I definitely thought you were crazy for already thinking about marriage, but I was trying not to be confrontational - since you brought it up though... Remember it took 11 years for me to mention I liked a guy after the parents teased me so harshly one summer day shortly after I had turned six. Road to secretive children can start way early!!

melissa said...

As the wife of one of the brothers you may have ended up with...all I can say is I'm very thankful for the freedoms we now possess. Also, the divorce rate was lower back in the day because it used to be such an abomination to leave the slimy sixty year old jerk your dad picked out for you.

rebecca said...

Hmmm, yes Melissa, good point. Eewww, I really don't want to think about being married to someone three times my age. That would have been disgusting!