Monday, April 6, 2009

Rub A Dub, Dub, Two Boys in a.... Rubbermaid?

Yes, that's right. I bathe my boys in a Rubbermaid container.
One makes do when one's house has no bathtub. In fact, I think I am cursed as far as bathtubs go. Growing up I took a bath in an old galvanized metal wash tub. The kind you see pictures of kids washing their dogs in. We lived in an old farmhouse and it just didn't have a tub. Going to Grandma's was exciting as we could then play in a real bathtub! Now my boys have that same excitement when they go see Grandma as that is where I take them periodically to give them a good scrubbing.
As cramped as they are in their little Rubbermaid container, they don't seem to mind it one bit. Nikolas has fun squeezing water all over baby, and Lukas has fun splashing water into Nik's eyes.


I suppose one positive is that I don't have to worry about one of them falling over and going under water. They are too crammed in like little sardines to even move, let alone fall over!

I'm not sure what I'll do when they get too much bigger or when #3 comes along.
A bigger Rubbermaid?

6 comments:

Kristie Herdener said...

So, is there an underlying hint in this post that I wasn't yet aware of?

"I'm not sure what I'll do when they get too much bigger or when #3 comes along.
A bigger Rubbermaid?"

Katinka said...

Yeah, my first thought also. Hmmm?

Jodi said...

Too cute! I love that you used to get excited about a real bathtub. ;)

klyn said...

I am looking to see if I have a photo of the galvanized tub. My kids thought it was so cool to take a bath in Grandma's "tub."

It would be ever so much cooler if that photo had you in it - at say 12 when I think you were still taking metal tub baths...

TulipGirl said...

So cute!

rebecca said...

Sorry, no bun in the oven. I thought that might throw people:) Of course, one never knows......
Kellie! You are not allowed to post a picture of me in a tub unless I was under the age of 6!