Sunday, April 5, 2009

Never Wake A Sleeping Redhead


Or you might end up with a black eye!


Saturday morning Tone' came in to wake me, as he was leaving and the boys were awake. He leaned over me and said, "I'm going to pick you up and take you into the living room.". I sort of heard what he said, in my hazy sleepy state, but then all of a sudden I decided to turn over. I don't know what happened, but I swung my arm back as fast as I could and then I heard, "CRACK" as my elbow hit Tone's cheek bone with so much force that I sent him reeling backwards.

Truly, I felt really bad:( But then, once I knew I hadn't broken anything and that he could still see out of his eye and there wasn't any blood, well...... I couldn't stop laughing:} Isn't that terrible of me! In fact, I am having trouble muffling my laughter right now.

Maybe you had to be there..... but ,oh my was it ever funny.


Well, maybe not for Tone'. :}



The good thing is: he doesn't have to worry about me being attacked in my bedroom at night! I'll just whip out my deadly elbow and "hiyah!". They wouldn't know what hit 'em.......................

as Tone' can testify to.



Sorry babe!!!!! No, really, I'm really sorry.

3 comments:

klyn said...

He carries you in to the LR so you can be nearer the kids when he heads out the door! That was the funnier part of the post for me! Because I know the redhead would never learn to actually go to bed before midnight so she wouldn't be so tired in the AMs. That would be silly.

Katinka said...

Yeah, I know a couple redheads like that! I can always call them late at night and they'll be chipper.
So Tone' has several lessons he can take away from this, don't leave while you are still sleeping, don't warn you that he's going to pick you up, and the most important, watch the elbow!

Jodi said...

HAHAHA!!! That settles it. I will never under any circumstances try to wake you up.