Sunday, March 15, 2009

Don't Call Child Services!

I was showing my brother-in-law, Bill, some of my posts on this blog and as he looked at my sidebar he read aloud:
"Things I would be doing if I weren't wipping little bottoms."
He laughed kind of nervously and Tone' and I laughed too, and then I realized he said, "whipping" and not wiping!
I quickly said, "wiping little bottoms", not whipping.

Not that I don't spank, (because I do, though not in the manner typically though of. Go here to read thoughts on this highly controversial subject), but I just don't want anyone to think that all I do all day is whip their little bottoms.

Phew! Now that that is all cleared up! Isn't language fun? What a difference a letter or two makes.

1 comment:

melissa said...

well, glad you cleared THAT up. ;)Interesting to note that the proverbs verse that the link you gave quoted, 'train up a child in the way he should go...', in it's original text (Heb) reads- 'Train up a child in his way...' or the way marked out especially for him in God's plan for his/her life. This has been so helpful to me as each of my three are SO, SO different and the disciplines and lessons that work for one may not work for the others. Just an interesting sidenote.