Monday, March 23, 2009

Lukas Has Caught The Climbing Bug

This is a climbing bug:

and Lukas has caught it! It just makes a climbing mama's heart flutter with excitement, and I don't mean the overprotective, scared they are going to hurt themselves heart flutter. Oh no, I mean the "looking to the future and seeing my boys and myself going on climbing trips to Utah" type of heart fluttering.

He has started to want to climb everything;
the dishwasher


the table


Even the chimney !
I'm thinking 5.15c. Dave, Tymun, Sam? What do you guys think?

Hmmm, these things must be broke, I can't seem to get off the ground....

The other day I was outside puttering around when I started hearing some hollering from loud boy (that would be Lukas). I looked to see him at the top of the slide, proud as could be. Considering he is still totally unstable while walking I am not so sure this is the safest thing for him to be doing over concrete, but he is related to his mama. I have been known to glide up a vertical (or overhanging) rock face, get back on the ground and then trip over a tree root.

It's a talent.



Can I just say that I love this picture? :)And this one!I think it is safe to say that I have myself an outdoor adventure boy.

Woohoo!!!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

He's his mama's boy! Those slide pictures are so adorable.

klyn said...

I'd love to see him scale the chimney! Go Lukas!

Really? Lukas is called "Loud Boy"
And what is Nik's alter ego name? Hmm, you've probably referred to it before, but I think he has several...

rebecca said...

THanks Jodi:)

Sis, it has been farely recent that he has been deemed "loud boy". I think he finally figured out that he has to be loud in order to be heard around here. And what is Nik called?

"VERY Loud Boy" :)