Monday, August 3, 2009

Grease Monkey in Training

Nikolas put on his "mechanic's gloves" on Sunday night to help Daddy try to fix the serpentine belt which had come off "suddenly". Apparently, the loud squealing noise that I have been hearing for the past 2 months was a sign that something was wrong. Huh, funny, I had no idea.

Nikolas was actually quite helpful, as we are finding him to be more and more these days, and held the flashlight usually right where Daddy needed it. He felt very important with his job and his gloves. I love these times where father and son work together and I look forward to seeing them working together on various projects. These are perfect opportunities for Tone' to teach his boys about work ethic and being self sufficient, and it gives Nikolas a chance to spend some quality time with his daddy and to feel important and useful. Just like Thomas the Tank Engine:)


Unfortunately, the men of the household did not have the right tools to complete the job so Mama had to take over. As in, I called Triple A! They have bailed me out quite a bit lately making my membership fee more than pay for itself. If you have ever thought of getting AAA I would highly recommend it and if you do then get the AAA Plus package. Check their prices out here.
The boys were mesmerized by the TOW TRUCK that came and took our van away. They stood in that one spot not moving the entire time the guy was there. Think of all the things I could get done if we had a tow truck parked next door!
My van was gone for two full days leaving me stranded at home. Luckily I had been able to make a grocery shopping trip for the week while Tone' was here so we were set for food. Then with the weather being so exorbitantly hot it was just fine with me to stay in our air conditioned house the whole time. I actually felt so much more freedom to relax as I knew I couldn't go anywhere. By the time I got our van back though, I was ready to get out and do something.
I seriously don't know how people can survive in a one car family!

No comments: