Sunday, August 9, 2009

Waclella Falls

Portland had some cooler weather this past week so the boys and I joined our friends, Emily and Elly, and went hiking in the Columbia River Gorge. We went to Waclella Falls which is the best hike for small children as it is only a mile in and has only a very slight elevation gain while overlooking a small river as well.
Though Nik is perfectly capable of walking for two miles he was tired and grumpy, and hungry as well, and so I ended up carrying them both for quite a while. Just call me Rebecca, the pack mule. Though the two of them combined is still less than my climbing pack.
Luke doesn't look too comfortable with Nik's bottom in his face.
That may have been why he was protesting the whole time......

Emily and her super cute daughter Elly, who Lukas kept kissing every chance he could get.

Gorgeous, isn't it?


Free Soloing at 3,
I couldn't stop him, really.

Rock throwing is a must when near a river.

Waclella Falls

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thanks again for the fun day!

Next outing... ?

Oh, and thanks to Lukas's influence, Elly is now carting my phone charger all over the house. :)