Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wild Waves


No, we didn't go on a cruise, though by the look of this photo it would seem that we did.
Actually, we met my family at Wild Waves in Washington near Kellie's home a week ago. The weather ended up being a cool 70 degrees, overcast with wind for most of the day, so the water rides weren't as fun as they should have been. I, actually, didn't even go on a single one as I am a cold weather wimp. I only made it into the wave pool for approximately 5 minutes, then I was out of there. Brrrrr! You would think that with the ticket prices being $37/person they could maybe heat the water just a tad, or at least the kiddie park.



The Graham Family Cousins
(L to R) Abby, Morgan, Alexandra, Lukas, Zachary and Nikolas
After finally adding to the group we now have an equal split of boys versus girls. Unfortunately for Zach, there is a 10 year gap between him and Nikolas. This summer may have given Zach a glimpse of the fun to come, however, as Nikolas has begun to be able to play with the "big boys" a little better. He can now load his own Nerf gun, ride a bike, climb trees and is beginning to learn to ride a skateboard.


My once daring, adventurous life has come down to this: kiddie rides.
Lukas loved it though, so it was fun for me too.

Wild Waves has quite a number of great rides for the preschool crowd, even ones that 18 month olds can ride on. Nik and Luke had a great time "driving" their very own car around a track, though I guess they get to drive their jeep at home for real without a track so maybe this wasn't that exciting. I was just glad Lukas didn't crawl out as it was going like he did on the boat ride. He really has no concept of danger.
I did get to have a couple adventurous moments, like going on the Ring of Fire with my niece, Morgan. We screamed our heads off as it whipped us in circles. I now have a new scary rides partner in Morgan, yay! I also went on a couple roller coasters which were super fun, though after not being able to convince my Dad, Sue or Tone' to go on the looping one with me I have now discovered that it really isn't as much fun to go on a ride by yourself. It is much more fun to have someone else to scream with.


Being macho is easily overruled when one is freezing.
Uncle John holding one very tired 3 year old at the end of a long day of fun.
(Thanks to my sister for most of these photos, the rest were with my cell phone.)

1 comment:

klyn said...

Oh good, you have one of John wearing the blanket. I am getting a collection of people who have worn the blanket in public. Who will be next?