Friday, November 14, 2008

Baby, It's Cold Inside

As in, 48 degrees cold. Inside our house! Thursday evening we were getting everyone ready for bed when we noticed the house was beginning to become very chilly, which was weird since the furnace was running. We checked the temperature and even though it was set at 70 the actual temperature was dropping down below 60.

UhOh.

Not only would that stink normally, but Lukas had a cold and Nikolas was just coming down with one. So we bundled them in fleece feetie pajamas and tucked them into bed knowing there were probably going to be two extra little bodies in bed with us at some point during the night.

There were. Nikolas woke up at midnight screaming that his leg itched and he wanted lotion, yes, lotion, he's weird. I think it is just a ploy to get me out of bed and then to get to come into our bed. Well then, Nik's screaming woke up Luke and by then the house was freezing cold and so I brought him into bed as well. Unfortunately our bed is a full. Four people, regardless of their sizes, do not fit into a full size bed. Let me tell you. So Tone' got the boot. He went and slept in Nik's bed and the little boys slept fitfully with mama. Yeah, all you who felt sorry for Tone'. He got to burrow into the covers all night while I was dealing with two crying, kicking, turning, stuffed up little boys, one of which wanted to nurse during the night. Have you ever nursed in the middle of the night in 48 degree weather? Not fun.

Good news now though, we have heat once again! I promptly called the furnace repair man and was given the, "he'll be there between 12 and 5" line. Thanks. So I waited, and waited, and waited and at promptly 5 o'clock he arrived. Thanks again. Well, apparently our furnace was overworked and shut itself down. Did you know that you are supposed to clean your furnace filters periodically? Yeah, you are.

We have never cleaned them. Oops. That could be why my nose is always stuffed up at night when the furnace is on. Hmmm, coincidence? I don't think so. Tone' came home and cleaned them, so I am hoping that will help the situation, and hopefully our furnace will keep working now.

3 comments:

Clubprouser said...

Becca....you are the BEST blogger! I so enjoy reading all your posts. They are so entertaining and you have SUCH a way with words. I am so impressed with all your language skills. I aspire to be as skilled in the blogosphere as you someday. I'm not joking. You're awesome!

rebecca said...

Fern, you are so incredibly sweet! Thank you so much, I totally enjoy your blogging as well! In fact, I need you to show me how to put video on my blog, I'm such a dork!

klyn said...

Wow - you haven't changed the filters - as in evah?? That would definitely be a prob.
Glad that you and fam are toasty now though!