Friday, November 7, 2008

Baby Needs A Bath

According to my friend Sheri who was over the other day and while she was holding Lukas said, "I think Luke is due for a bath, he's smelling rather sour." I tried to think of the last time I bathed the poor boy.....I can't actually pinpoint it. It's been a while.

I know what you are thinking, "Ewwww, gross, why don't you bath your children?"
Well, I have a few reasons, okay they may be excuses, but some of them are really good excuses.
1) Our home has no bathtubs - this alone is my main reason. Without a bathtub we have two options; bath them in the sink, or bath them in the Rubbermaid container in the shower. We used to bath Nik in the sink until he was almost 2, but it became increasingly difficult as he kept growing so we had to go with the Rubbermaid for him. I used to bath Lukas in the kitchen sink but then Nik wanted in too so we had to just start bathing them both in the container in the shower. Last night when I bathed Luke in the sink I realized why else we had stopped bathing him there, he splashes like crazy and sends water everywhere which has caused the backsplash on the counter to rip away from the wall. Lovely.

2) I'm lazy. Since bathing isn't easy, I just really don't want to deal with it. It is such a pain to set the container up and then deal with it all in our micro bathroom and then I end up getting soaked so I just would rather have stinky kids then give them baths.


So now you know another of my dirty little secrets, with this one actually involving dirt.

1 comment:

klyn said...

October 21st - That's when Lukas' last bath was. You were here.

I wash my toilet daily, but I only did weekly kid baths - actually, A still does weekly baths post-XC season!